Best Cordless Vacuum Reviews
We write honest reviews about a wide range of cordless vacuum cleaner models from various well known manufacturers such as Dyson, Vax and many more. It’s important to choose the right vacuum cleaner for your needs whether that be at work or home.
Cordless Vacuum Comparison Guide
|Dyson DC59 Animal Digital Slim Review||Black & Decker Pd1800el-GB Flexi Vac 18 V Review||Morphy Richards 732000 Supervac 2-in-11 Review||Gtech AirRam Cordless Vacuum Cleaner Review||Vax Air Cordless Vacuum Cleaner Upright Review|
|Nooks & Crannies|
|Dust Container Capacity||0.4l||560ml||0.3l||0.8l||1.05l|
|Battery||22.2v||18v||14.4v||22v||20v lithium x2|
|Charging Time||3.5hrs||4hrs||3.5hrs||4 hrs||3 hrs|
|Run Time (minutes)||20 mins||10 mins||20 mins||40 mins||25mins or 50mins combined|
|Power||28AW (normal) 100AW (boost)||35AW (normal)||40AW (normal)||100 AW||21 AW|
|Attachments||Mini motorised tool, combination tool, rigid crevice tool||2 in 1 upholstery brush, floor extension kit, long crevice tool||Crevice tool, upholstery nozzle & dusting brush||2-in-1 dusting brush/crevice tool, soft dusting brush|
|Price||Check Latest Price & Reviews||Check Latest Price & Reviews||Check Latest Price & Reviews||Check Latest Price & Reviews||Check Latest Price & Reviews|
|Warranty / Guarantee||2 years||3 years||2 years||2 years||6 years!|
Need something more specific to your needs?
The cordless vacuum cleaners above are only a snapshot of what’s available to you, we have written many other reviews about other cordless vacuum cleaners which may suit your needs much better. Please see below as it will help filter your choices a little better.
Which type of cordless vacuum are you looking for?
- Handheld Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
- Stick Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
- Removing pet hair
- Cleaning my stairs
- Robot vacuum
Or what is your cordless vacuum budget?
Important points when you are comparing the top cordless vacuums
- Battery – This simply states the required power for your cordless vacuums motor to start spinning. Its a good idea to refer to AW or air watts in our comparison chart as a higher number indicates how much suction prow you will have,
- Charging Time – This value indicated in hours will tell you how long your cordless vacuum battery takes to charge until its next use, its always important to charge batteries properly before using and after.
- Run Time – This is value indicated in minutes tells you how long your charged cordless vacuum battery will last for. This figure is from the manufacturer and many vary.
- Power – This is a really important figure indicated in AW or air watts, it means how powerful your cordless vacuum actually is, sure your cordless vacuum isn’t likely to out power a mains vacuum but the higher the figure the better so look out for these higher numbers!
- Motorised brush – Some cordless vacuums feature a motorised brush head which really helps when picking up pet hairs etc, its definitely worth looking out for vacuums that offer these.
- Attachments – This simply lets you know whats included with your cordless vacuum cleaner when it comes in its box, cordless vacuum cleaner attachments tend to vary from model to model, although its worth choosing a cordless vacuum cleaner with lots of attachement as you get more for your money!
- Weight – An important factor when considering a cordless vacuum cleaner, after all your the one who will be lugging it around your home!
- Price – Prices are correct at the date of this article, they may change hopefully they’ll go down. Its worth clicking the ‘Check Latest Price & Reviews’ link at the bottom of the cordless vacuum cleaner comparison chart to see.
- Rank – The 1-5 ranking guide on our cordless vacuum cleaner comparison chart guide indicated how popular they were at the time of writing this article.
Common Best Cordless Vacuum Cleaner Questions Asked
I already have a mains vacuum do i really need a cordless vacuum cleaner? The truthful answer to this question is that cordless vacuum cleaners aren’t designed to completely replace a standard mains powered vacuum and the main reason is ? Yep you guess it the fact they are cordless and use batteries! So really cordless vacuum cleaners are absolutely ideal for spot cleaning your home, car or office. That being said its perfectly feasible to clean your home with a cordless vacuum cleaner like the Vax Air Cordless because its so well designed it gives all the standard functionality of a mains powered vacuum and includes two batteries which in total gives you a cleaning time of 50 minutes combined, pretty good eh?
I’m not sure which cordless vacuum cleaner to buy? Well the answer to this question all depends on your requirements for example:
- Which floor surfaces (e.g. carpet or laminate flooring) are you cleaning?
- Do you need to clean stairs?
- How long to you need to clean for?
- Do you have pets etc?
What should I look for when buying a cordless vacuum cleaner? Personally I’d try to choose a vacuum with plenty of cleaning time, good suction and a motorised brush bar which is perfect for cleaning up pet hair.If you have both laminate and carpet flooring then you’ll want a vacuum which can clean both, some offer long hoses for high reach which make cleaning up high, the stairs and even upholstery such as your curtains or sofa much easier.
Apart from those options above you will want to make sure you look at charging time, some models offer plenty of cleaning time with a good charging time where as other models offer little cleaning time with a large charging time. Generally speaking if you pay a bit more you’ll get something with a good mix of functions and plenty of cleaning time.
Don’t buy cheap!