Dyson DC59 Animal Digital Slim Handheld Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
The Dyson DC59 Animal Digital Slim Handheld Vacuum Cleaner is a serious piece of kit when it comes to the cordless vacuum cleaners market. Sure its not the cheapest cordless vacuum cleaner around and it wouldn’t be because its a Dyson which is a premium brand, but because its a premium branded vacuum cleaner you are getting a multi-functional vacuum cleaner. One of the main plus points about the Dyson DC59 Animal is the motorised cleaning head which makes this particular modal ideal for homes with pets, the motorised cleaning head is able to compete with any mains vacuum cleaner in terms the hair, dust and dirt etc its capable of picking up.
Dyson DC59 Animal Main Features
- Cyclones – I’m sure by now you have all heard about Dyson’s revolutionary cyclone technology. The DC59 Animal features 2 tier radial cyclone system which has 15 cyclones in total, that’s a lot of power!
- Digital Motor – Dyson recently developed a new type of motor hey call the ‘digital motor v6’ which is very efficient and they say it can produce as much power as a traditional mains vacuum, which I guess is absolutely ideal if you are building cordless vacuum cleaners.
- Motorised Head – The motorised head is also a new additional to Dyson’s cordless vacuuming arsenal and provides power directly at the bristles thus driving them directly into the carpet fibers. In addition to the bristles it is also fitted with carbon fibre filaments which remove fine dust from hard floors.
- Run-time enhancing trigger – The trigger allows you to kill power instantly so there’s no leaving the vacuum running unnecessarily saving you power for cleaning.
- 50% More Suction – According to Dyson the DC59 Animal has 50% more suction that the previous DC44 even in boost mode which is down to a re-engneering effort that ultimaely delivers 1.5 times more power for your buck.
- Mini motorised tool – In addition to the main motorised head as we discussed above the Dyson DC59 cordless vacuum also comes with a mini version which is ideal for removing hairs, dirt and dust from your delicate upholstery items and can also be used if you are in a small space.
- Lightweight & Ergonomic – The Dyson DC59 Animal will sit very naturally in the users hand and only weighs 2.1kg, this is down to the balanced weight distribution design.
- Floor and Ceiling Cleaning – Because the DC59 has a detachable wand and various other tools this allows easy cleaning of floor surfaces and ceiling eg: cobwebs. The DC59 can also clean under low furniture which ensures no easily accessible parts of your house get left.
- Easy Emptying – One of the things I really like about the DC59 is the fact it has a really easy hygienic emptying system which simply allows you to place the DC59 over a bin, press a button and the waste dust, dirt and hair etc will simply fall out saving you any mess.
- Stair Cleaning – This is something many of the other cordless vacuum cleaners don’t do. Because you can detach the wand the DC59 easily allows you to clean stairs with minimal effort and fuss which is a plus point for Dyson.
- Car Cleaning – Much like the stair cleaning example above, the DC59 is ideal for car upholstery and can clean even the smallest nooks and crannies.
- Docking Station – This is definitely something that sets the Dyson DC59 apart from other cordless vacuum cleaners and looks cool plus saves space and makes deployment no fuss. In addition to charging the DC59 the docking station allows you to keep additional attachments in one place, so no worrying about loosing things!
Dyson DC59 Animal Specs
- Battery – 22.2v
- Weight – 2.1KG
- Suction Power – 28AW (air watts)
- Suction Power Boot Function – 100AW (air watts) – nice feature!
- Dust Container Total Volume – 0.4L (litres)
- Run Time – 20 mins
- Size – 250mm x 1214mm x 208mm
- Charging Time – 3.5HRS (hours)
- Cyclones – 2 Tier Radial and 15 in total
- Cleaning Head – Motorised with carbon fibre filaments.
Dyson DC59 Animal Images
Dyson DC59 Animal Whats In The Box
- DC59 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
- Mini Motorised Tool
- Docking Station
- Combination Tool
- Rigid Crevice Tool
Dyson DC59 Animal Pros vs Cons
- Run-time enhancing trigger which saves battery power.
- Great suction and even better with the boost feature, will decrease run time though
- Powered motorised brush, better at picking up hairs, dust and dirt.
- Lightweight and ergonomic, which means its comfortable to use
- 3.5 hours charging time
- No fuss, easy and hygienic to empty into a bin.
- Versatile it can be used on floors and stairs
- Easy cleaning of its filter, it can be washed and should last the lifetime of the DC59
- Easy cleaning of the motorised brush
- Docking station, makes easy charging and storage of the DC59
- Not ideal for large homes due to run time of 20 mins for each charge
- Quite expensive when compared to other cordless vacuum cleaners available.
- Can struggle with larger sized debris on non-carpet hard surfaces which may also clog the suction chamber
- Noise and even more so with the boost button
- Small dirt bin
Dyson DC59 Animal Videos
Dyson DC59 Animal Conclusion
I have had fun reviewing the DC59 and all in all I really like this Dyson cordless vacuum cleaner. Its not the cheapest cordless vacuum around but it offers a lot for the price. The DC59 is currently on amazon for £347.95 with free shipping at the time of writing this review, no doubt the price wll fluctuate a little.